Q & A
Everything you need to know about everything...
What dates do you have available?
How much does everything cost?
Our site fee varies depending on the day and season that you prefer. We also have several associated costs that are required to have a wedding at Tin Roof Barn, but are not included in the site fee.
Venue Site Fee ~ $4,200-$7,200
Event Management ~ starting at $1,800
Full Service Catering ~ starting at approximately $50 per plate
DJ ~ starting at $950
Event Insurance ~ $185
WA State Banquet Permit ~ $11
Non-Preferred Caterer Fee (optional) ~ $925
Venue rental is from 12pm-10pm with a thirty minute grace period from 10-10:30pm for guest departure and cleanup. Also included is a one hour rehearsal with Union Event Co. The Bridal Suite and Groom’s Room are available from 12pm-6pm. Additional time will incur an hourly fee. A Venue Manager will be available during the event to oversee venue facilities.
*All professional services – including event management, catering, and DJ – are separate and not included in the venue’s site fee.
Where are you located?
We are located at:
984 Hwy 141, Husum, WA 98623.
p: 541-371-2276 (BARN)
We are 7 miles north of downtown White Salmon WA, a scenic one hour drive from Portand, Oregon. You’ll travel east along the Columbia River and north through the White Salmon River Valley towards Mt. Adams. We are located far enough away from Portland to be rural, but close enough to be easily accessible.
PDX, named one of the best airports in the US, is our closest airport.
What is the weather like?
We are a seasonal venue and available for Friday, Saturday and Sunday events from May through October. White Salmon is located just on the east side of the Cascade mountain range; it is the perfect mingling of the eastern Washington desert and the western Washington rain. Spring is bright and cheery with the occasional fresh shower of rain, while Summer is dry and warm, and Fall arrives slowly in colorful abundance with warm days and cool evenings.
Here’s a snapshot of the weather right now:
Can we see it beforehand?
Absolutely! However, Tin Roof Barn is a privately owned estate and tours are given by appointment only.
Prior to requesting a tour, please review our available dates and confirm that our site fee and venue policies are a good fit for your vision, guest list, and budget.
We hope to see you soon, but we ask you kindly not to visit without an appointment.
What is included?
Your reservation at Tin Roof Barn includes:
- 11 hours onsite (10 hours onsite for the event, plus a 1-hour rehearsal)
- Tin Roof Barn ~ 3400 sq feet of dining and entertainment space, including a catering room, lounge areas, indoor/outdoor dance floor, built-in DJ booth, in-house sound system, custom chandeliers, wine and beer bar
- The Ceremony Patio ~ Seats 150 overlooking the mountains, orchards, and forest with a Barnwood arbor and dais as a backdrop to your vows
- The Pavilion ~ A covered location for your ceremony, or for use during cocktail hour
- 150 upgraded white resin ceremony chairs
- Wood dining tables for the barn reception
- Vintage wood dining chairs for the barn reception
- Bridal Suite with private entrance, dressing room, hair and makeup room, restroom, living room and kitchen
- Groom’s Room with private entrance, dry bar, dressing room, lounge area, and restroom
- Brand new plumbed restroom facility, just steps from the barn
- Permanent outdoor features include a fire pit, outdoor fireplace, vintage windmill, lawn games (horse shoes and cornhole) and entertaining patios.
- Decor and furnishings
- Lighted parking lot for up to 90 vehicles
- 1-hour onsite Rehearsal with Union Event Co
What are the event hours?
12pm ~ 10:30pm. Check-in is at noon; guests may not arrive before 3pm. Your ceremony will take place at 4pm followed by cocktail hour, reception, and dancing. The reception concludes at 10pm with a 30 minute grace period for guest departure and cleanup. Not ready to go to bed yet? Ask us about amazing after-party locations!
Do you have any required vendors?
We require certain professional vendors to ensure your day is perfection! These vendors include coordination/event management, catering/bartending, and DJ. All other professional vendors are your choice.
What are your catering policies?
You may choose from our list, or choose your own for an additional fee – in all cases, the caterer must be a licensed and insured business (no DIY or potluck dinners) and able to provide full-service personnel until close.
What kind of bar can there be?
We allow beer, wine, and champagne at Tin Roof Barn. We also allow hard alcohol in the form of two mixed “Signature Drinks” during cocktail hour (the time following your ceremony up until the reception). We also require that your caterer provide a licensed WA state bartender to oversee alcohol consumption.
Are there sound restrictions?
Due to the serene nature of the White Salmon River valley, we have installed an in-house speaker system which your DJ will use for reception and dance music. Our advanced system of zoned speakers allows for the best sound quality and level while still maintaining the county noise restrictions. We do allow live amplified music for the ceremony and cocktail hour, but any live music must be unplugged.
Are there decor restrictions?
Once you’re here for a tour, you may find that you don’t even need to bring in much to decorate with! We do have restrictions that are in place to ensure the venue stays in pristine condition for every couple who wants to remember their day as absolute perfection.
We do not allow sawing, cutting, piercing, gluing or taping of any part of any structure. We do not allow items to be thrown into the air due to our location being in an agricultural region and surrounded by working fields and orchards. We do not allow candles or sparklers due to the potential for wildfires and the state-wide “Burn Bans” that are in effect throughout the wedding season.
Do you have lodging onsite?
We do not have lodging onsite, but there are multiple B&Bs, cabins, campgrounds and vacation rentals in our valley. Most couples choose to stage their guests 15 minutes from the venue in Hood River, where there are various lodging choices, restaurants, wineries, breweries, shopping, and outdoor entertainment to last throughout the weekend.
Is the venue handicap accessible?
We want to make sure all your guests can experience the magic of Tin Roof Barn; the entire venue is accessible with the exception of the Bridal Suite and Groom’s Room.
Do you have more than one wedding a day?
We focus on you and want you to have the most amazing day of your life so there is only one event allowed per day.
Do you have a designated parking area?
We can accommodate up to 90 vehicles in our field parking area. We do strongly recommend group transportation to keep potentially tipsy drivers from getting behind the wheel. Union Event Co has all the details on transportation recommendations.
What's the backup weather plan?
We built the timber-framed pavilion in 2016 to be the alternate ceremony location, should there be rain in the forecast, or if it is just way to hot to be in the direct sun. If not used for your ceremony, you can use this space during cocktail hour where guests can enjoy beverages, appetizers, and mingle in front of the pavilion’s massive stone fireplace and enjoy the scenic views.
Our guests are from out of town, what should we suggest they do during their off time?
Anyone who lives here knows we live in paradise! Here’s a list of our favorite things to do:
- Raft the White Salmon River, and over the Husum Falls if you dare
- Go wine tasting – there are numerous local wineries and winery tours
- Try spelunking in the Trout Lake ice caves
- Indulge in retail therapy at the numerous boutique shops on Oak Street
- See the petroglyphs at Columbia Hills State Park and have a picnic lunch at Horsethief Lake
- Take a windsurfing or kite-boarding lesson
- Enjoy a beer at one of the world famous, or at least infamous, local breweries
- Wander the halls at the eclectic Maryhill Museum of Art
- Rent bicycles and follow the Historic Columbia River Highway to the Mosier Twin Tunnels
- Let your inner kid loose (or your real ones) at Mt Hood Adventure Park at SkiBowl
- Catch a movie, some gourmet pizza, and a beer at Andrews Pizza & Skylight Theater
- Relax and enjoy your time in the most beautiful area in the world