Q & A
Everything you need to know about everything...
What dates do you have available?
We host private events and celebrations seasonally, from May 1 through October 31.
Now booking 2022!
We have three remaining Saturdays in 2021: May 8th and 15th, as well as June 12th. We also have select Fridays and Sundays available throughout our wedding season between May and October. Please schedule a venue consultation through our Contact form for more information on our Friday and Sunday availability.
How much does everything cost?
Our site fee starts at $4,700 and varies depending on the day and season that you prefer.
We also have several associated costs that are required to have a wedding at Tin Roof Barn, but are not included in the site fee including:
- Preferred Coordinator (starting at $1800)
- Preferred Caterer (starting at $35 per plate)
- Preferred DJ (starting at $1300)
- Wedding Insurance ($185)
- WA State Banquet Permit ($11)
Please visit our Investment page for additional pricing and policy details.
*All professional services – including Preferred Coordination, Preferred Catering, and Preferred DJ/Muscian – are separate and not included in the venue’s site fee.
Where are you located?
We are located at:
984 Hwy 141, Husum, WA 98623.
p: 541-371-2276 (BARN)
We are 7 miles north of downtown White Salmon WA, a scenic one hour drive from Portand, Oregon. You’ll travel east along the Columbia River and north through the White Salmon River Valley towards Mt. Adams. We are located far enough away from Portland to be rural, but close enough to be easily accessible.
PDX, named one of the best airports in the US, is our closest airport.
What is the weather like?
We are a seasonal venue and available for Friday, Saturday and Sunday events from May through October. White Salmon is located just on the east side of the Cascade mountain range; it is the perfect mingling of the eastern Washington desert and the western Washington rain. Spring is bright and cheery with the occasional fresh shower of rain, while Summer is dry and warm, and Fall arrives slowly in colorful abundance with warm days and cool evenings.
Here’s a snapshot of the weather right now:
Can we see it beforehand?
Absolutely! However, Tin Roof Barn is a privately owned estate and tours are given by appointment only.
We hope to see you soon, but we ask you kindly not to visit without an appointment.
What is included?
Your reservation at Tin Roof Barn includes:
- 12 hours onsite (11 hours for the event including setup and breakdown, plus a 1-hour onsite rehearsal the day prior)
- Tin Roof Barn ~ 3,400 sq feet of dining and entertainment space, including a catering room, furnished lounge areas, indoor/outdoor dance floor, built-in DJ booth, in-house sound system, custom chandeliers, dessert table, and wine & beer bar
- The Ceremony Patio ~ a stamped concrete patio with seating for 160. The ceremony patio overlooks the mountains, orchards, and forest with a wisteria covered arbor as the backdrop to your vows. The ceremony aisle is flanked by two wine barrels and Adirondack seating areas. Mis-match aisle and dais rugs are available for rent.
- The Pavilion ~ a timber framed structure with seating for 160. The pavilion features a massive outdoor fireplace, barn-wood bar, and wine barrel bistro tables, as well as the same scenic views as the Ceremony Patio. In the unlikely event of inclement weather on your wedding day, the pavilion is available as a covered location for your ceremony. For the majority of celebrations, the pavilion is used for guests to gather during cocktail hour.
- The Windmill Meadow ~ located adjacent to the barn, this meadow is available for outdoor dining during your reception (restrictions apply).
- 150 upgraded white resin ceremony chairs
- Custom farm tables for the barn reception
- Vintage wood dining chairs for the barn reception
- Bridal Suite ~ private entrance, sitting area, kitchen, dressing room, hair and makeup room, and restroom
- Groom’s Room ~ private entrance, bar, dressing room with sitting area, and restroom
- Plumbed reception restroom facility, just steps from the barn
- Permanent outdoor features include: Adirondack seating throughout the Courtyard, fire pit, fireplace and bar in the Pavilion, wine barrels, beverage table, vintage windmill, lawn games (horse shoes and cornhole) and entertaining patios
- Vintage decor and furnishings
- Lighted parking lot
What are the event hours?
12pm ~ 11pm.
Check-in for setup is at noon on the day of your event. Your ceremony will take place at 4pm followed by cocktail hour, reception, and dancing. The reception concludes at 10pm with a 30 minute grace period for guest departure. Breakdown and cleanup must be completed by 11pm.
Not ready to go to bed yet? We have the insider on amazing after-party locations!
Do you have any required vendors?
We require certain professional vendors to ensure your day is perfection! These vendors include coordination/event management, catering/bartending, and DJ. All other professional vendors are your choice.
What are your catering policies?
You may choose from our list, or choose your own for an additional fee – in all cases, the caterer must be a licensed and insured business (no DIY or potluck dinners) and able to provide full-service staffing until close.
What kind of bar can there be?
We allow beer, wine, and champagne at Tin Roof Barn. We also allow hard alcohol in the form of mixed “Signature Drinks” during cocktail hour (the time following your ceremony up until the reception, no later than 6:30pm). We also require that your caterer provide a bartender for alcohol service.
Are there sound restrictions?
Our valley has rural sound restrictions in place to ensure everyone can enjoy the serene nature of this beautiful area. The barn has been updated with an in-house speaker system which your DJ will use for reception and dance music. Our advanced system of zoned speakers allows for the best sound quality and level throughout the barn. You can listen to ambient background music that drifts down from the ceiling and walls during your reception dinner and then really crank it up on the dance floor til we close those big barn doors.
We allow live music for the ceremony and cocktail hour or until 6:30pm.
Are there decor restrictions?
Once you’re here for a tour, you may find that you don’t even need to bring in much to decorate with! We do have restrictions that are in place to ensure the venue stays in pristine condition for every couple who wants to remember their day as absolute perfection.
Do you have lodging onsite?
We do not have lodging onsite, but there are multiple B&Bs, cabins, campgrounds and vacation rentals in our valley. Most couples choose to stage their guests 15 minutes from the venue in Hood River, where there are various lodging choices, restaurants, wineries, breweries, shopping, and outdoor entertainment to last throughout the weekend.
Is the venue handicap accessible?
We want to make sure all your guests can experience the magic of Tin Roof Barn; the entire venue is accessible with the exception of the Bridal Suite and Groom’s Room.
Do you have more than one wedding a day?
We focus on you and want you to have the most amazing day of your life so there is only one event allowed per day.
Do you have a designated parking area?
We can accommodate up to 50 vehicles in our field parking area. We do strongly recommend group transportation to keep potentially tipsy drivers from getting behind the wheel. Our Preferred Coordinators have all the details on transportation recommendations.
We want to include our fur baby, is that allowed?
Yes! While our venue is technically a pet-free zone, we do allow our couples to include their favorite four-footer during their ceremony and cocktail hour, but for your pet’s well being and safety they must be removed from the venue once the reception begins.
What's the backup weather plan?
We built the timber-framed pavilion in 2016 to be the alternate ceremony location, should there be rain in the forecast, or if it is just way to hot to be in the direct sun. If not used for your ceremony, you can use this space during cocktail hour where guests can enjoy beverages, appetizers, and mingle in front of the pavilion’s massive stone fireplace and enjoy the scenic views.
Our guests are from out of town, what should we suggest they do during their off time?
Anyone who lives here knows we live in paradise! Here’s a list of our favorite things to do:
- Raft the White Salmon River, and over the Husum Falls if you dare
- Go wine tasting – there are numerous local wineries and winery tours
- Try spelunking in the Trout Lake ice caves
- Indulge in retail therapy at the numerous boutique shops on Oak Street
- See the petroglyphs at Columbia Hills State Park and have a picnic lunch at Horsethief Lake
- Take a windsurfing or kite-boarding lesson
- Enjoy a beer at one of the world famous, or at least infamous, local breweries
- Wander the halls at the eclectic Maryhill Museum of Art
- Rent bicycles and follow the Historic Columbia River Highway to the Mosier Twin Tunnels
- Let your inner kid loose (or your real ones) at Mt Hood Adventure Park at SkiBowl
- Catch a movie, some gourmet pizza, and a beer at Andrews Pizza & Skylight Theater
- Relax and enjoy your time in the most beautiful area in the world