Q & A
Everything you need to know about everything...
Where are you located?
We are located at:
984 Hwy 141, Husum, WA 98623.
p: 541-371-2276 (BARN)
We are 7 miles north of downtown White Salmon WA, a scenic one hour drive from Portand, Oregon. You’ll travel east along the Columbia River and north through the White Salmon River Valley towards Mt. Adams. We are located far enough away from Portland to be rural, but close enough to be easily accessible.
PDX, named one of the best airports in the US, is our closest airport.
Can we see it beforehand?
What is the weather like in White Salmon?
We are available for reservations May through October, annually.
You can expect chilly evenings and warm days during the shoulder seasons of Spring and Fall, with warmer Summer weather reaching the 80s or 90s by mid-day. Although the PNW is known for its rain, we typically do not have more than occasional light showers during the summertime with that likelihood increasing for Spring and Fall.
Here’s a snapshot of the weather right now:
White Salmon is located just on the east side of the Cascade mountain range; it is the perfect mingling of the eastern Washington desert and the western Washington rain. Spring is bright and cheery with the occasional fresh shower of rain, while Summer is dry and warm, and Fall arrives slowly in colorful abundance with warm days and cool evenings.
What the Columbia River Gorge will always have and what it is known for best is its wind. The White Salmon River valley is sheltered from most of the wind that rolls along the Columbia, but we do still have days that will pick up your veil and make for some amazing pictures!
How much does everything cost?
We are accepting reservations for Saturday and Sunday weddings, as well as weekday corporate events, from May through October. Our intimate venue can comfortably accommodate up to 150 guests.
To request a price quote, or to receive additional information regarding having a wedding at Tin Roof Barn, don’t hesitate to contact us here. Please send us an email to discuss hosting a corporate event or other special requests.
What is included?
Your reservation at Tin Roof Barn includes:
- Tin Roof Barn ~ 3400 sq feet of dining and entertainment space, including a catering room, lounge area, custom lighting, and a built-in wine and beer bar
- The Arbor ~ Our gorgeous ceremony site overlooking the orchards and forest
- The Pavilion ~ When the weather just isn’t as ideal as you’d like it!
- Ceremony chairs for up to 150 guests
- Vintage dining tables
- 150 vintage dining chairs
- Bridal Suite and Groom’s Room
- Brand new restroom facility, just steps from the Barn
- Fire Pit, Lawn Games, Adirondack outdoor furniture
Tin Roof Barn with 3400 square feet of use, including a catering room, wine and beer bar, custom lighting and chandeliers, lounge area, and ample room for dancing, offers an intimate gathering place for your friends and family. We provide 150 vintage dining chairs as well as vintage dining tables with lace tablecloths.
The Arbor ceremony site overlooks the apple orchards with views of the barn, hay fields, forest, and mountains. The dais and arbor are made from 100 year old barn wood planks and is the ideal location for our gorgeous outdoor ceremonies. The Pavilion is available when the weather doesn’t allow for an uncovered ceremony. This covered open-air option provides similar views as The Arbor site, and can also be used for additional entertaining. Your choice of ceremony site includes 150 white ceremony chairs.
The Farm House includes a Bridal Suite and the Groom’s Room. The Bridal Suite has 2 dressing rooms, kitchen, living room, and bathroom. The Groom’s Room includes a dressing room, bathroom, and dry bar. Conveniently separated, these two areas allow for the wedding party to get ready in the same house, without having to see each other before the ceremony.
Tell us about electricity, bathrooms, smoking and accessibility
Your comfort is our priority!
The barn is equipped with indoor lighting, including rustic fixtures, and four chandeliers in the main bay. There are multiple standard floor outlets for additional electrical needs.
A separate indoor restroom facility is located just steps from the barn and is heated for the occasional chilly PNW evening. The mens and womens facilities each include a baby changing table.
There is an area designated for smoking behind the restroom facility and is the only location on the premises where smoking is allowed.
We want all of your guests to be comfortable and have made every effort to ensure anyone with a wheelchair can be accommodated. Our restrooms are ADA compliant and we have paved sidewalks as well as a paved parking area for your guests with special needs.
We also have a convenient drop off or valet location for guests who would rather not walk from the parking area, which is located directly in front of the barn courtyard.
Are there sound restrictions?
Yes, the local noise ordinance calls for decibel levels to be restricted to a reasonable level which will be monitored by Tin Roof Barn personnel. Music and alcohol service ends at 10pm.
A fun list of amazing things to do here
Anyone who lives here knows we live in paradise. We are so happy to share this special place with you for your event. Don’t hesitate to ask us for the contact information of our preferred recommendations.
Here’s a list of our favorite things available to do from our backyard:
- Raft the White Salmon River, and over the Husum Falls if you dare
- Go wine tasting – there are numerous local wineries and winery tours
- Try spelunking in the Trout Lake ice caves
- Indulge in retail therapy at the numerous boutique shops on Oak Street
- See the petroglyphs at Columbia Hills State Park and have a picnic lunch at Horsethief Lake
- Take a windsurfing or kite-boarding lesson
- Enjoy a beer at the world famous Full Sail brewery
- Pick huckleberries at the base of Mt Adams after a hearty breakfast at The Station Cafe
- Wander the halls at the eclectic Maryhill Museum of Art
- Rent bicycles and follow the Historic Columbia River Highway to the Mosier Twin Tunnels
- Let your inner kid loose (or your real ones) at Mt Hood Adventure Park at SkiBowl
- Catch a movie, some gourmet pizza, and a beer at Andrews Pizza & Skylight Theater
- Relax and enjoy your time in the most beautiful area in the world